Wow… What a happy Saturday… I have been nominated for a Liebster Award from a fellow blogger! I am over the moon, it means a lot to me because I haven’t been blogging for long and for someone to this my blog is worthy of an award is awesome! I was nominated by the lovely JJsfootsteps so thank you! Check out her blog page by licking the link!
For those who don’t know what the Liebster award is – it’s an award given to new and upcoming bloggers, from other bloggers to show them support and love. It also let’s readers get to know the blogger a bit. The great thing about a Liebster Award is- you then get to pay it forward and nominate other bloggers you think write great blogs.
Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them.
Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you.
Tell readers 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate up to 11 bloggers to receive the award next.
Give your new nominees questions to answer about themselves when they post their nomination.
So I have nominated a few great blogs I think deserve some recognition- they blog on a variety of things and are all quite different so do check them out.
11 random facts about myself
- To get to sleep at night or to relax I watch videos of people folding fluffy towels, wrapping presents or even giving pretend eye examinations (this is a thing, who knew? It’s called ASMR) seriously its soon relaxing- go youtube it!
- I THINK I may have got post natal depression with my most recent child, although because it took about 3 months to kick in, I assumed it wasn’t that and only realised when 8 months later, I feel much better.
- I worry about my weight and think about weight loss every day.
- I am what’s known as a Girlie Tomboy. I love wearing baggy clothes and trainers, but I like girlie things like make up, lashes, diamontes and shiny sparkly house decor!
- I once won a brand new car on TV (I went on T4 with Vernon K and won a Renault clio).
- I have a degree in Media and Film and a Masters in Social Work and I used to work as a social worker in chid protection before my beauty and make up career took off.
- I am the ultimate My Little Pony fan, I had over 80 as a child and they are still in my dad’s loft!
- I am terrified of flying. So terrified in fact I have to go to my GP and get prescribed Diazepam before every flight I take.
- I’ve never been to my country of origin- Jamaica (I really want to go and its on my bucket list).
- Also on my bucket list is visiting Disneyworld because literally every year my best friend at school would go and my family could never afford it, so I spent years being so jealous!
- I want to move to the countryside one day soon so I can have a big garden (I currently live right in the middle of London)
So JJsfootsteps set me some questions to answer!
1. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life what would it be?
This is hard one because I love reading all types of books. I suppose I would probably read something political and racial- like A Time to Kill by John Grisham. I’m a sucker for political, court room, death penalty based dramas and especially when it comes to exploring racial tensions in America.
2. What’s your worst habit?
Ok so embarrassingly- whenever I am ill, or one of my children or my boyfriend has anything wrong with them and ailment at all- I immediatly jump onto Google and spend ages googling and reading up on said ailment (be it a cough, sneeze, rash, lump or bump) and then I diagnose the worst possible disease or horrendous illness and then work myself up into a panic and frenzy convinced the person is moments away from death! Neurotic and ridiculous basically.
3. If you could change one thing about the past year what would it be?
I wish I would of started this blog 12 months ago. Seriously, I put it off for so long anyway and this year I didn’t do it because I assumed just because I was pregnant and having a baby, it meant I couldn’t blog as well- now I’ve realise it would of actually been the perfect time to start!
4. Cat person, dog person or something else, and why?
DOG DOG DOG!!!! I just got my little Pomeranian- Honey (I’m sure you can guess what colour she is). She’s now 11 weeks old and I adore her. I grew up with dogs and just love them so much more than cats which I think are fickle and often only loyal to the hand that feeds them. I just love all dogs!
5. What’s your biggest fear?
Failure. Seriously if I had a pound for every time I have thought about doing something and opted out because of the fear of failure, I would be rich beyond my wildest dreams right now! Starting this blog is one of the things I’ve put off for years all for fear of no-one reading it and therefore basically failure.
6. What made you start your blog?
I have wanted to blog for years now, I had a little go a few years back and didn’t carry on with it- and then I put off starting it again because i was scared no-one would read! I was encouraged and inspired by a few other bloggers and friends to start and I am so glad I did as I’ve had quite a few readers and lots of encouragement from you guys so i am really thankful for that.
7. Who is your inspiration?
I take inspiration from lots of places in life, but overall I would say my inspiration is my dad- he is hardworking, with real ethic and commitment. He very rarely had time off work even when he was very unwell. He raised me and my brother on his own after our mum walked out and got re married, he was always there for us and still is to this day. He worked hard to provide for two demanding teenagers and now I have kids of my own I can really appreciate how hard parenting actually is let alone totally alone with two difficult, angry and resentful teenagers. He’s a great man!
8. What advice would you give to your 13 year old self?
Go to sleep and stop worrying about what you will wear tomorrow- there’s more to life. Embrace your newly forming, curves as one day they will be appreciated. Embrace, your big pouty lips as one day they will be coveted. Love being black, as its beautiful! You will eventually find someone to love you and settle down with kids, stop worrying about that too. Finally- remember, tomorrow is another day.
9. Where do you hope to be in 5 years?
In 5 years time I want to have grown hugely within the make up, beauty and blogging field. I hope to have built up a name for myself and continued to build up my brand. I really hope to be running my own salon, or working within make up at a more senior level. I also hope to have done loads more training and assisted some bigger make up artists and maybe even worked abroad. I hope to still be blogging and Instagramming and to have built up quite a few followers (fingers crossed).
10. What are you struggling with as a blogger?
Self confidence and belief in my posts and my ability to write. I am constantly second guessing my posts, reading and re-reading them and at the same time worrying if people will like them or want to read them. I also worry constantly about not getting enough readers and becoming disheartened and de motivated!
11. Who is your favourite musician?
Blimey, thats a hard one because I like so many different artists….however if its the all time life long favourite, it would have to be Michael Jackson!!! His music never gets old or boring to me. I really loved him as a child in the 1990s and still love him now! RIP
Questions for my Nominee’s
- What do you like best about the town you live in?
- What’s your favourite food?
- What’s you biggest insecurity?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
- What do you dislike most about blogging?
- What advice would you give to those considering starting a new blog?
- Who inspires you the most in life?
- What do you do last thing at night before you go to sleep?
- Where in the world would you most like to travel to and why?
- What’s your hidden talent?
Thanks for participating… don’t forget to pass it on!!!!