Ok.. so for my first grown up product review post, I shall be reviewing the Flamingo Park collection from M.A.C – it is soon to launch here in the U.K. (4th March I believe) I got it however on a recent trip to the states who have already had it since the 4th February I think – sigh…. as usual we here in the u.k are left out in the cold patiently waiting for its release.
This collection is so fitting for Spring : Think pretty delicate things, picture flowers, petals, gentle flamingos, super girlie pinks and corals with a fresh, youthful feel.
I wasn’t able to purchase the entire collection to review for you guys, and I didn’t buy the palette because let’s face it I have enough…. but i was served in store in by a great girl who had the same name as me, all credit to her the customer service was great we really got on and she hooked me up….we picked out a few key pieces from each product line, which we felt would suit my skin complexion. Now you have to understand, I am not usually one for pink when it comes to make up. I mean, as a rule it simply doesn’t suit me, for one, I have darker skin, and for two I am very warm in complexion (so think NC or even C in Mac, very yellowy, gold suiting, olive undertoned complexion) so as a rule pinks clash with my skin and I end up looking like some sort of fake wannabe, horrendous, barbie doll, however I picked out some colours which I think I could pull off.
- Blusher in Life’s A Picnic- now, the key with pink blusher, I personally think is, less is more- always, in no uncertain terms…. just saying no-one wants to look like crusty the clown!! I used a very light dusting of this colour to add warmth to my cheeks- too much and I would end up looking like a scary clown/barbie (use any fluffy soft powder brush to sweep on apples of cheeks and outward but with hardly any pressure)
- Next up is a gorgeous deep bright magenta matte lipstick called ‘Have Your Cake’ (BTW: I noticed this lipstick straight away as soon as I walked in store its my favourite from this collection and i have a few of the others) – it is a bit bright so if your not one for colour I would swerve it and go for a softer pink) but i totally love it. Yes ok, its bright but, for a night out with a simple brown smokey eye the right simple outfit to compliment it i think this one is a winner!
- I also bought the lip liner called Embrace Me which works well with the lipstick colour I chose but could work well with most deeper pinks. I literally can’t wear lipstick without a liner nowadays so it had to be done!
- And of course I bought that lovely lipgloss in Playful Petal ( you will get to know i love my lipgloss) which actually has lovely iridescent blue glitter flecks throughout it but I’m not sure if you can see that from the pictures- I have got a shot of just the lipgloss in there as well as lipstick with gloss over it – Personally I think this lipgloss is great for a day time, played down look.
The full collection deets……..
For the eyes!
x9 Eyeshadow Palette- Flamingo Park
9 Newley created shades- Personally I didn’t buy this palette but i saw it in the flesh and I really like the look of the bottom row- Royal Blue looks amazing and Fabulous and Roaming (both bottom row) would be great transition colours.
- Glamour Light (lemon yellow)
- Floridazzle (soft lime green)
- Hello There (soft nude beige)
- Flock and Roll (light pastel pink)
- Sushi Flower (pinky shimmery coral)
- Birds Eye View (magenta hot pink)
- Roaming (dirty lavender)
- Fabulous (warm midtown brown)
- Royal Blue (light blue pearl)
For the lips!
- The Fashion Flock (bright pink coral in matte finish- Limited Edition)
- Saint Germain (amplified pink, existing colour)
- Long Legged and Fabulous (cremesheene pearl baby pink- Limited edition)
- Be Silly (Matte hot fascia pink Limited Edition)
- Silly (matte bright white pink)
- Have Your Cake (bright magenta pink in matte, Limited Edition)
- Please Me muted (rosy pink in matte, existing colour)
- Nice To Meet You (deep pink red in cremesheen)
- Flocking Fabulous (cremesheene and pearl coral red)
Cremesheen Glass (Lip gloss)
- Such Sweeties (Pastel Baby Pink)
- Look Who’s Here (Soft pink/blue pearl)
- Petite Indulgence (Bright blue/pink)
- Sweet Tooth (midtone pink)
- Playful Petal (electric magenta)
- Chic trick- (Ampedup Fuscia)
Such Sweeties (Pastel Baby Pink)
For the cheeks!
- What I Fancy (Soft bright apricot)
- Spring Flock ( Satin, light coral)
- Pink Swoon (Satin, soft candy pink)
- Let’s Be Friends ( Satin blue hot pink)
- This Could Be Fun (violet pink)
- Life’s a Picnic (Hot reddish pink)
- Oh My (Online exclusive, reddish midtone coral)
Pearlised skin finishing powders
- Pearl Blossom (Light pink with silver pearlised pigments)
- Sunny Surprise (Soft peach)
- Olive (Highly frosted, green gold)
- Tan (Muted, pinky brown bronze)
- Rose (Rose gold with copper sparkle)
For the nails!
- Spoonful Of Sugar (Soft pink glitter with pink pearl)
- Miami (Warm Pink Coral)
So, what do you all think of the collection? Is there a pink out there for everyone? Are you a pretty in pink lover or not? Will you be buying anything from the collection? Would love to know if you do!!!
(All pictures in this post if not taken by me are credited to M.A.C Cosmetics)